Learn to Swim Program, Session 1, Levels 1A-2B
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Instruction in this standardized, national swim program will place emphasis on the learning of progressive skills, and testing for Red Cross certification.
- During the first two days of swim lessons, instructors will assess each child’s skill level.
- Children may be moved to a different level after the skill level evaluation, to place them in a class that will best fit their needs.
- Instructors are available to confer with parents regarding recommendations.
- You must purchase Recreation Pass before registering for any program.
- Non-residents that have not purchased season passes are eligible to register for classes and programs beginning Monday, March 2 in the Recreation office. The cost of each class is double the price that the resident and non-resident season pass holders are charged. This is a cash only transaction. If you wish to stay for open swim time after a class, you will have to pay the non-resident daily rate of $12.00 per person.
- Level 1A - (age 0-3) Parent must participate; Objective - water adjustment, comfort in water
- Level 1B - (age 3-5) Parent must be present; Objective - front and back float, swim 5 feet
- Level 2A - (age 5) Full submersion mandatory; Objective - flotation/kickboard, submerge head, jump in deep water, swim 15 feet
- Level 2B - Must be able to float/glide; Objective - basic swim skills, rotary breathing